How to learn a language effectively?
I have studied Chinese for over 3 years. Honestly, I learned very slowly and learned well. But I want to share my experience. Learning again will help you learn faster.
1. The language environment is very important. 2 years living in China is the fastest 2 years i learn vocabulary.
2. Learn the language you want and the language you want to learn. Many foreigners learn’horizontal tone rising tone, kabuton down tone’, but said from the beginning, “1,2,3,4”. I also ask what is a word like “word on the left, what’s the right word?” in Chinese. I have a lot of students. That English is already very good, but I don’t know how to explain it. English: A tool like pronunciation of various punctuation marks and tense. I don’t think so.
3. Use the language you have learned to do what you like. I love watching movies, especially if I’m not tired, I’m watching Chinese movies (like Zhang’s mother). There is also a TV series (I’m watching “Everything is good”)
4. Tongue twisters can help overcome the fear of language. Chinese tongue twister is really difficult, and really convenient. If you are interested in English tongue twisters, you can practice.
5. Helps view poetry through a sense of language. The recitation at the time was very useful for my tone and rhythm. At first you need to practice the tone like dancing using gestures to practice the nod rhythm. Now you can feel the beauty of the music of that time. One of my favorite songs right now is’The Desert Is Like Snow’. Pronunciation in English is very different from those at the time, so there are consonants, so the rhyme is very different. If you want to read the time, learn how to read, but it’s a great addition to your pronunciation.
6. It’s a song. It’s like reading poetry, but the music is more involved. I heard Lee Jeong-sun’s’The Hill’ a year ago, and he is so fond of not knowing what it is, so I don’t know why. Therefore, this he told himself that he wanted to learn to sing. A friend invited me to learn something simple first and didn’t like their recommended song. I learned every word of the lyrics that I can sing this song right now, and I felt a very fun sense of accomplishment. If you have your favorite English song, don’t be afraid and you can take the time to learn it for sure!
7. Systematic learning. My first year of study was very unsystematic, I thought I could learn Chinese by talking with people, but when I actually heard this, I was embarrassed and I learned it very slowly. Later at the university I was teaching there was a free Chinese language class for foreign teachers and it was very helpful. One month’s improvement is bigger than the previous year. So the teacher is very important.
8. Study even 10 minutes every day. I wouldn’t be able to explain this. But my progress is fastest as long as I can.
9. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing are inseparable. I always practice writing with my English Tokuheban students. If you can write, you will be able to read. If you read too much, you can definitely write.
10. Recite the glow word. If you want to express but do not know how to say it, you will be unforgettable if you find the word at this time.